3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Introduction and Query about GSoC project : "Quality Assurance in enviroCar "

Naveen Saini
Hi,
I am Naveen Saini from India pursuing Computer Science Engineering and currently in pre-final year.I would like to contribute to 52°North and saw projects list for GSoC and found a one idea related to my domain of knowledge, i.e. a project related to managing mongoDB to filter the outliers and to make predictions correct.Although I have completed code challenge to create a script to delete the values outside the selected range,I wanted to have few of my doubts cleared,

1.UI I developed for code challenge is web page based on Ruby On Rails framework and uses a gem ‘mongoid’,and can interact with remote database easily.So is that sufficient or I should use java scripts, and if I have to use  java script please just give a little intro about that technique so that I can help myself.

2. and please provide some links to get me more knowledge about the utility of this application enviroCar,I visited GitHub page but couldn’t get that much help.

Thanks.
Please respect our mailing list guidelines:
http://52north.org/resources/mailing-lists-and-forums/guidelines
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Introduction and Query about GSoC project : "Quality Assurance in enviroCar "

Christoph Stasch
Dear Naveen,

thanks for your interest in enviroCar and the proposed project. Please remember that we are not yet accepted as mentoring organisation for GSOC 2017 and the project proposals are not yet finalized. I'd hence recommend to wait with further steps until we've received the confirmation. 

More information about the enviroCar app and other components can be found at the enviroCar website [1] (language can be switched to english on the bottom).

Best regards,

Christoph

2017-02-11 3:15 GMT+01:00 Naveen Saini <[hidden email]>:
Hi,
I am Naveen Saini from India pursuing Computer Science Engineering and currently in pre-final year.I would like to contribute to 52°North and saw projects list for GSoC and found a one idea related to my domain of knowledge, i.e. a project related to managing mongoDB to filter the outliers and to make predictions correct.Although I have completed code challenge to create a script to delete the values outside the selected range,I wanted to have few of my doubts cleared,

1.UI I developed for code challenge is web page based on Ruby On Rails framework and uses a gem ‘mongoid’,and can interact with remote database easily.So is that sufficient or I should use java scripts, and if I have to use  java script please just give a little intro about that technique so that I can help myself.

2. and please provide some links to get me more knowledge about the utility of this application enviroCar,I visited GitHub page but couldn’t get that much help.

Thanks.

--

Dr. Christoph Stasch
52°North GmbH, Martin-Luther-King-Weg 24
48155 Muenster, Germany
tel. <a href="tel:%2B49%20%280%29251%20396371%20-32" value="+4925139637121" style="color:rgb(17,85,204);font-size:12.8px" target="_blank">+49 (0)251 396371 - 32
fax: <a href="tel:%2B49%20%280%29251%20396371%20-11" value="+4925139637111" style="color:rgb(17,85,204);font-size:12.8px" target="_blank">+49 (0)251 396371 -11
http://52north.org
twitter.@FiveTwoN

Reply | Threaded
|  

Code Challenge completion report for GSoC project : "Quality Assurance in enviroCar "

Naveen Saini
In reply to this post by Naveen Saini
Hi,
I am Naveen Saini, from India and currently pursuing a bachelor degree in Computer Science engineering.

I want to be part of 52°North this summer with GSoC 2017 program and is interested in this project:
Quality Assurance in enviroCar :

As per the requirement stated on the ideas page, I have completed the code challenge,which is as follows:

1. Setup mongo DB with provided test dump(which was a tar recovery created of enviroCar, possibly using mongodump)
2. create script for filtering values within certain value range and delete tracks wich contain more than 40 percent of measurements matching that filter
3.simplify execution of script outside mongo shell, e.g. by defining the value range using a form in an UI and then clicking an execute-button to run the script

Complete the challenge, please send to the mentors a zip file with script, installation descriptions for the UI and relevant documentation or provide a link to a repository where the required items can be found.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I completed them as follows,

I implemented a node.js server and created a webpage for UI, as per the description provided, what I have done is that, in tracks database, there is attribute ‘length’, and there by taking the input from webpage from user, it can perform two functions, First provide the number of documents that are lying outside the provided range with a 40% consideration, and Secondly delete them from database.

I have used following packages in Node.js
Express,Socket.io,Mongodb

the mongo DB was set up from dump using mongorestore and is hosted on this website, Mlabs,  and the server itself is implemented on Heroku.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have created a repository on Github with this Link: 

And the deployed webpage can be tested at this URL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
here is the screenshot of webpage:
it displays the total no of documents whenever it loads

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
here we perform outliers query

I want your valuable suggestions before making the final draft of proposal.Please reply.
Thanks!